The initial assessment is customised to your indiviual needs . Margaret will identify the main areas that require attention based on your specific areas of voice and speech development. An individual programme will be developed to meet these needs.
Tuition will be given in effective communication, to help in voice production and accent modification. Business and academic presentations are Margaret's speciality.
I use the following techniques:
- Role Play
- Reading from prepared texts
- Guided vocal exercises
- Impromtu speeches
- Taping the voice and evaluation of audio playback
- Voice and Speech Training for Actors
- Communication Skills
- Speaking assertively with confidence
- Court appearances - dealing with authority
- Interpersonal / Family relationships
From the vast amount of course material available I find the following books and DVDs helpful:
- "A Voice of Your Own (DVD)" by Patsy Rodenburg
- "The Voice Book" by Michael McCallium
- "Freeing the Natural Voice" by Kirsten Linklader
- "The Right to Speak" by Patsy Rodenburg
All lessons involve reading of prepared material that I provide. Homework sheets are given for ongoing vocal development between lessons.
"Margaret helped me regarding my confidence and communicating with others. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to find their inner voice" - Anthony.
"Margaret helped me discover the beauty of the spoken word. With her assistance I perfected my acting skills and discovered the world of performing because of her training. I gained great confidence on the stage" - Rebecca
"I was always lacking confidence in my speaking ability and Margaret helped me find and develop the confidence I needed" -Frank
"I had problems with my pronunciation due to my enthnic background and Margarets exercises helped me improve my accent" -Tanoj
"Public speaking always made me nervous but Margaret helped me to overcome this problem" - Julia